My name is Bence Forrás, the "correct" pronunciation of which is [ˈbɛnt͡sɛ ˈforːaːʃ].
This form follows Western name order, as is common for Hungarian names when used outside of Hungary. In Hungarian, I still use Eastern name order, i.e. Forrás Bence.
I prefer keeping the acute in Forrás whenever possible, which should be almost always given that we live in age of Unicode. However, if only basic Latin characters may be used, the preferred transliteration is Forras.
- 2020–: PhD student of Andreas Nickel in the Essen Research Training Group
- 2017–2020: MSc in Mathematics at RFWU Bonn, Germany
Master thesis: Iwasawa Theory (alternate style), advisor: Dustin Clausen
- 2014–2017: BSc in Pure Mathematics at ELTE, Budapest, Hungary
Bachelor thesis: Kummer’s Congruences and the p-adic Zeta-Function, advisor: Gergely Zábrádi
- E-mail: bforras[meow]bforras[dot]eu (general-purpose)
- E-mail: bence.forras[meow]uni-due[dot]de (for University of Duisburg-Essen business)
- Postal address: Universität Duisburg-Essen, Fakultät für Mathematik, Thea-Leymann-Straße 9, 45127 Essen
- Office: WSC-N-3.43